This program is the first step towards your professional journey into Scuba Diving. It allows you to become an SSI professional without requiring you to complete the instructor Program. This course gives you the skills and experience required to safely lead groups of certified divers in different environments and conditions where you will become a confident Dive Guide in no time. Professional Dive Guides can work for any SSI Training Centres. You will earn the SSI Dive Guide certification after completing this program. This gives you the qualifications necessary to complete Dive Master.
Prerequisites for Dive Guide
- Minimum age: 15 years old (Must be 18 years old to be certified as an active status Professional Dive Guide).
- Have logged at least 40 open water dives totaling 25 hours or more.
- Have the following SSI certifications or equivalent from a recognized training agency:
- Diver Stress & Rescue
- Have the following SSI certifications, an equivalent from a recognized training agency, or provide proof of experience by showing at least five (5) logged experience dives in each of the following areas:
- Deep Diving
- Night & Limited Visibility
- Successfully complete the fitness to dive questionnaire. Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. For Example: heart disease, asthma, or epilepsy. Cost of diving medical is not included. A medical is only required if you answer yes to any of the following questions on this form.
4x confined pool sessions
5x Open Water Sessions
5x Academic sessions
Maximum Depth 40m/130ft
Cannot find the course you are looking for? Have a question?
Our team of friendly dive professionals are here to help!